Who are the Lenca people?
- 125,000 indigenous people living in the mountains of Honduras
- Most are subsistent level farmers
- They hold animistic [belief that nature has a soul] and Catholic beliefs
- The Lenca people are under-reached by the gospel which means more than 2% but less than 5% are evangelized and there is very limited Baptist work to the Lenca
Lenca Mission Trip
November 10 - 17, 2014
This trip will involve construction of a small guard house as well as evangelism, VBS and house church worship. Dave Kistner of First Baptist- Waxahachie will be leading a construction team to build a small guard house.
The cost will be $1,350 per person. A deposit of $750 will be needed by September 1st for purchasing of plane tickets. The deposit will be non-refundable. Click here for a complete brochure.
If you have questions, please contact Larry Johnson at 972-937-9320 or email@example.com.
As soon as you determine you would like to go please let Larry know for further planning purposes.
- Start 340 house churches in 1,196 villages
- Build into the DNA that each house church is responsible to start other house churches
- Our desire is “to teach the Lenca how to fish rather than give them fish”
- Evangelism/church planting
- Gospel saturation
- Discipleship/leadership training
- Meeting Human Need
Each month Shannon Hopkins composes a Lenca Ministry Update. This report is sent out to interested individuals electronically and a portion is added to our monthly paper newsletter. Shannon reports on many different areas so please click on the links below to read his monthly Ministry updates!.